Saturday, 11 May 2013

Printing my own opportunities

Dude. This last week has been nuts. In a totally awesome way.  This crazy journey I have been on since last July actually culminated in the self publishing of my Stephen King Universe Flowchart. 

It is a totally cool feeling to know I have actually finished something. I have taken this project through all the 'What Ifs' and 'I Coulds' and now it is an 'I Have'. It is a real, actual thing. And people seem to like it...
Going to press check the poster was a little overwhelming and a lot cool. Seeing them fly out of the huge machine into a huge pile of SOMETHING I CREATED. The printers did not understand what it was and asked me numerous times to explain. And then they started to look at me like I was a bit odd.... I know Printer Man. Imagine what it's like to be inside my head!!
The little boys helping Daddy check the colours. They said it was all good.

My Lovely Husband has been so awesome in all of this. He has helped to create a really professional product. He is so clever. I like him heaps.

And now my life will be filled with rolling posters, putting them in tubes, writing thank you's and visiting the post office. AND LOVING EVERY SECOND!

Thanks you to all who have supported this project. You are ace.

post signature

7 comments:

  1. There are no other words than you're freakin' awesome mumma. I'm so, so, so proud of you and actualising your dreams. Keep chasing greatness and those glorious big smiles in your first pic, just beautiful my love. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm so excited for you to finally have it printed and out there !!!! I KNOW there are heaps of people waiting excitedly for their mail to arrive.
    Have the best week and catch up soon !
    Love, hugs and positive energy !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so BLINKING proud of you!!!! So, so, so, so PROUD!

    Wow. What a feeling that must be.

    I am going to have to actually finish something to get that feeling aren't I? Darn. Better get to it. Thanks for being so inspiring dude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks lovely ladies! You guys are the BEST support team anyone could ask for x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gillian, I just wanted to let you know that my poster arrived today (in Falls Church, VA) and I just love it. I've been pouring over it and making sure to keep my kids away from it until I can get it framed. Thank you so much for creating something so brilliantly cool.

    Best,

    J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations in making your brainchild a reality, Gillian! The printers might have looked at you oddly but I'm sure Stephen King aficionados all over the world couldn't be happier that a poster like this now exists. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to see that you were actually able to pull it off, Gillian! The quality of the prints certainly depends on the printer itself, and it's actually pretty nice how it turned out. Your kids look really cute when they are trying to help. Good luck in future projects! :)

    Stasia Snellgrove @ ALB Image

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tessiegirl!!



I love it when people leave me comments!! Yay!
If you are not sure how to leave a comment, DO THIS:
1) Write your lovely comment in the box
2) click on 'Comment As'. A drop down menu will appear
3) click on Name/URL
4) Just type your name in. If you have a blog, you can type the URL of the blog in and I will come visit you!!
5) Click on publish
NOTE: I am no longer accepting anonymous comments, due to the ridiculous amount of spam i receive.
*These instructions are for anyone who is like my lovely real life family who are not too savvy with the whole Bloggy-thing!!