Saturday 9 June 2012

Visiting the Cavern



 This is me. At the Cavern Club in 2008. In Liverpool. The ACTUAL Cavern Club. Yeah Man.


When I stood there five years ago, I was overwhelmed.


I was thinking about my amazing Lovely Husband, who made it possible for me to fulfill that lifelong dream.


I was thinking about how from little things, big things grow.


I was thinking about worlds colliding, about discovering that  all those things you have read about in books, seen on film, that they are actually, totally real and out there. And you can see them and touch them and write your name on them.


I was thinking about two teenagers in Bundaberg, Queensland who fell in love with each other to the soundtrack provided by four other youngsters who started out in this very dingy, brick dungeon of a club. On that stage. Just over there.


And I was thinking about the music that was handed down to me. From those  teenagers from Bundaberg. From my parents. Music that became part of my DNA. Part of our families story.


So, this is my Dad. At the Cavern Club. Yesterday. And even though the pic is a little blurry, I can still see, in his smile,  that teenager: lead singer of 'The Few', boyfriend of avid Beatles fan Judy, young father who introduced his three little girls to music..... 


It meant so much to me to visit the Cavern Club in 2008. And it means a huge amount to me to know that my mum and dad visited the Cavern Club together in 2012.









5 comments:

  1. I was there in 1979. Cool place...not much of a tourist attraction back then..but plenty fun nonetheless for this florida boy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's another Robert. Amazing that you received so many comments on your Stephen King item and now only 1 yet on this item which I admit is much more personal but nonetheless quite readable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Healing from HIV-AIDS, i never though dr.camala who could ever get my HIV-AIDS cured with his healing spell, i have tried almost everything but i couldn't find any solution on my disease, despite all these happening to me, i always spend alot to buy a HIV drugs from hospital and taking some several medications but no relieve, until one day i was just browsing on the internet when i come across a great post of !Michelle! who truly said that she was been diagnose with HIV and was healed that very week through the help of these great powerful healing spell doctor, sometime i really wonder why people called him Papa camala, i never knew it was all because of the great and perfect work that he has been doing that is causing all this. so i quickly contacted him, and he ask me some few questions and he said a thing i will never forget that anyone who contacted him is ! always getting his or her healing in just 6 hours after doing all he ask you, so i was amazed all the time i heard that from him, so i did all things only to see that at the very day which he said i will be healed, all the strength that has left me before rush back and i becomes very strong and healthy, this disease almost kills my life all because of me, so i will to hospital to give the final test to the disease and the doctor said i am HIV negative, i am very amazed and happy about the healing dr.camala gave to me from the ancient part of Africa, you can email him now for your own healing too at: dr.camalahivadscure@yahoo.com or WhatsApp him +2348164728160 thank you sir for healing me from HIV

    ReplyDelete
  4. TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM A GENUINE FINANCE COMPANY LAST WEEK. Email for immediate response: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    {Dr.Benjamin Scarlet Owen} can also help you with a legit loan offer. He Has also helped some other colleagues of mine. If you need a genuine loan without cost/stress he his the right loan lender to wipe away your financial problems and crisis today. BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly via WhatsApp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tessiegirl!!



I love it when people leave me comments!! Yay!
If you are not sure how to leave a comment, DO THIS:
1) Write your lovely comment in the box
2) click on 'Comment As'. A drop down menu will appear
3) click on Name/URL
4) Just type your name in. If you have a blog, you can type the URL of the blog in and I will come visit you!!
5) Click on publish
NOTE: I am no longer accepting anonymous comments, due to the ridiculous amount of spam i receive.
*These instructions are for anyone who is like my lovely real life family who are not too savvy with the whole Bloggy-thing!!